Did you know you can make a generational impact?
Build a legacy for future homeowners
The Legacy Club is an honorary association of individuals who have included Fort Collins Habitat for Humanity in their estate and planned philanthropic giving.
Your gift to Habitat for Humanity helps us build simple, decent homes here in Fort Collins, but there is still much work to do–so much that it will take more than a lifetime to accomplish.
Please consider making a legacy gift and continue the fight against poverty and substandard housing beyond your lifetime.
You can leave a gift in your will, name Habitat as a beneficiary of your retirement plan or fund a charitable gift annuity that will let you enjoy income and tax benefits now while dedicating yourself to supporting our future work.
Planned Gifts include bequests made through devices such as:
- Wills - here is a sample of bequest language:
The official legal bequest language for Fort Collins Habitat for Humanity is: “I, [name], of [city, state, ZIP], give, devise and bequeath to Habitat for Humanity International [written amount or percentage of the estate or description of property] for its unrestricted use and purpose.”
- Retirement plans
- Revocable trusts
- Lifetime gifts that provide income payments to donors and their beneficiaries
- Charitable gift annuities
Ways to give a Legacy gift:
There are almost as many variations on ways to make a donation as there are needs to be met. Explore this section to discover new ways to make a gift that also take into consideration your personal circumstances and the needs of your heirs.
Gifts That Pay You Income
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
Gifts You Make Today
- Memorial and Honorary Gifts
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Donor Advised Funds
Gifts That Make an Impact After Your Lifetime
- Beneficiary Designations
- Endowed Gifts
- Give My Home, But Live There for Life
Partnership & Hospitality
- As a member of this club you will be invited to exclusive events for Legacy Club member
- You are able to attend Legacy Club Build Day- an invitation to join your fellow Legacy Club members for a special build day on the job site building alongside a Habitat Partner Family.
- Invitation to Groundbreaking ceremonies, Wall-Raising ceremonies and Home Dedication Ceremonies to watch the families experience the joys of homeownership.
- Given recognition as a donor on our website at www.FortCollinsHabitat.org
- In our monthly E-newsletter (5,200+ subscriptions)
* If you would prefer not to be visually recognized, please call Sarah at (970) 488-2607 to indicate your preferences.
Please let us know what charitable plans you may have already made for Fort Collins Habitat for Humanity. If you have question or would like additional information about how you could plan a gift for us or for customized bequest language, please contact Kristin Candella, Executive Director at 970-488-2602 or KCandella@FortCollinsHabitat.org.
Thank you for making a generational impact for hard-working families. You are empowering partners families to break the cycle of poverty, such as the Hile family.
The Hile Family
The Hile family was so excited to be chosen to build and purchase a Habitat for Humanity Women Build home! Women Build is a Habitat for Humanity International program that encourages women to make a difference by building homes and communities. The program seeks to encourage women volunteers to further the home building mission of Habitat for Humanity. Women Build challenges women from all walks of life to build—and to advocate for—decent, affordable houses in their own communities and throughout the world.
In addition to building their home, the Hile family looks forward to building relationships with the many women who have come together to make their dream a reality. They also look forward to being “part of a neighborhood community that is safe, happy and there for each other.” But most important to Ms. Hile are her daughters and the desire to “give them something positive and stable in their lives…a home.” - The Hile family
Foundation Builders BEWARE:
With increasing levels of investment, the rewards increase dramatically – Foundation Club members do more than buy the “bricks and sticks” and land for the house, they know the family, provide support for them, sweat alongside them and share their joy and hope for the future. Habitat builds more than houses, Habitat builds lives. This level of giving often changes the lives of all whose compassion flows from the heart to the hammer.
Gifts You Make TodayGifts You Make Today