2017 Women Build: The Legacy of a Woman
We all know a woman in our lives who has inspired us to be the best version of ourselves. This year, we honor that legacy by kicking off Women Build celebrating the women in our community who have impacted the community. Join us for our Ground Blessing event on Saturday, May 6th and bring a picture of a woman who has inspired you. Let’s build this house on the foundation of strong women, so we may empower a local mother and grant her stability through shelter.
About Women Build
The Women Build program brings together women of all backgrounds and ages to take a stand for reliable, affordable housing with the belief that every person should have a simple, durable place to live in dignity and safety. Our community has a tremendous need for affordable housing, one in three Fort Collins households are struggling to afford housing facing rising rental costs and having to choose between housing and other necessities.
Women Build is also a way for local women to become empowered to learn construction skills. More than 1,700 women will volunteer with Habitat for Humanity across the country just during the first week of May. This will be the 8th Women Build home in Fort Collins. You are invited to be a Women Builder! If have questions contact Kristin Candella at 970-488-2602 or KCandella@FortCollinsHabitat.org or sign up to build here.
Women Build Week Events
- Saturday, May 6: Groundblessing and Stud Painting at the Harmony Cottages site (corner of Taft and Harmony) Event begins at 9:00 am.
- Thursday, May 11: Lowe’s Power Tools Clinic 5:30 – 7 pm (Lowe’s Front Range Village, 4227 Corbett Dr) - Space is limited, RSVP to Alex at 970-488-2609
- During the whole month of May, eat at Big Al’s Burgers and Dogs! All proceeds from the Big Al’s tip jar will benefit Women Build.
For more updates and event details, ‘Like’ our Women Build Facebook page by clicking on the pink Facebook logo.
I am a Women Builder. I would like to give!
- I would like to give today!
- I would like to set up an online Team fundraising page. (It’s easy to create your own page and share your team’s success!)
- I would like to mail my gift. See mailing address below.
- I would like to form a giving team and prefer to collect and mail the donations for my team. Download the team form and include with donations.
I would like to build!
Know a woman that would like to get involved? Invite them to join you on a build day.
- If you would like to schedule a group/team build day please contact Alex to reserve a day at 970-488-2609 or AStatham@FortCollinsHabitat.org.
- If you would like to sign up individually click here. Build opportunities will begin in May.